• born about 1314 Angusshire, Scotland
• John born about 1340 Angusshire, Scotland
St. Mary’s is a 13th century mediaeval church originally built as a chapel for Warkworth, the home of crusader knight, Sir John de Lyon. The castle only lasted until 1806 when it was sold and demolished whilst St. Mary’s has continued to service the communities of Overthorpe and Warkworth.
St Mary’s in Warkworth was built as a chapel for the castle which once stood to the south of the church. It was the home of Sir John de Lyon, a crusader knight whose effigy, together with that of his wife Margaret, lie in the north aisle.